|Genesee County Drain Commissioner
|Surface Water Management
The Genesee County Drain Commissioner’s Office is committed to the health and safety of our community, our dedicated staff, and the members of the public who
visit our offices on a daily basis. The COVID-19 virus has created unprecedented circumstances around the world, and we have a responsibility to mitigate the
spread of this illness. During this pandemic we recognize the vital importance of protecting the integrity of our surface water system.
Our office remains committed to ensuring uninterrupted services, especially as it relates to our County Drains. We thank the public for their understanding and
cooperation, as we follow federal, state, and county directives.
- Maintenance Assessment Hearing: 8:00AM - 5:00PM, July 7, 2021
- Maintenance Assessment Hearing: 8:00AM - 5:00PM, July 21, 2021
- 0555 Misteguay IC Drainage Board Meeting: 9:00AM, July 22, 2021 - Notice
- 0555 Misteguay IC Drainage Board Meeting: 10:00AM, August 10, 2021 - Notice
- 1698 Orchard Park IC Drainage Board Meeting: 3:00PM, August 19, 2021 - Notice
- Maintenance Assessment Hearing: 8:00AM - 5:00PM, August 25, 2021 - Notice, Assessment FAQ
Drains assessed under this notice and reasons are as follows:
- Sherwood Drain: type: Emergency
- Work done north of Maple East of Fenton
- Bank was washing out and threatened property near drain. The cost of the emergency repair exceeded annual limit.
- Messmore and Cronk: Resolution to Exceed
- Ditch cleanout between Potter and Beecher (west of Elms)
- To alleviate flooding issues the cleanout needed to be done From Potter south far enough that we could not do it within maintenance limits.
- Phillips: Resolution to Exceed
- Ditch cleanout between I-69 and Lapeer (east of Vassar)
- To alleviate flooding issues the cleanout needed to be done the whole way and we could not do it within maintenance limits.
- Atlas Sewer Project: sanitary treatment
- We constructed a sanitary sewer many years ago for the residents on Perry and Gale. Water and Waste bills us quarterly for sanitary treatment and we pass
those costs on annually in the winter taxes - per the “Drain Code” the Statute that our Office works under. We send the notice so the residents may know why this
is on their tax bill each year and how much.
- Maintenance Assessment Hearing: 8:00AM - 5:00PM, September 8, 2021
Archived notices and other information for drainage meetings are found
the drain name in one of the following locations: