|Genesee County Drain Commissioner
|Surface Water Management
Date Effective 6/1/2018. (examples on last page were clarified in 2019)
Genesee County Surface Water Management Division requires one set of plans to
be submited to 4608 Beecher Rd., Flint MI 48532 for all projects that impact a County Drain or
Genesee County Road Commission Drainage System. There is no review fee and plans typically take 2-3 weeks to review.
Permits and Review Forms
- GCDC Drain Permit: Required whenever any work is to be done within a county drain easement.
- Checklist for Public Storm: Before any storm can
be dedicated to this office and made public, all the items on our Checklist for
Public Storm must be complete.
- Pond Review: Review submital for private pond construction not for detention.
Requires the following:
Note: approval from this office does not waive any requirements from other Governmental Agencies.
- 8.5" x 11" or 8.5" x 14" paper drawing
- Property drawing with dimensions
- Approximate location & size of permanent structures
- Location & size of pond
- Detail of what will be done with spoil pile (dirt)
- Show where the water will flow when pond is full
- Property location to nearest crossroads
- Owners name, address, phone number
- North arrow
County Drain Specifications
Contract Documents: Beginning June 1, 2006 the contract books no longer include the General Conditions and our Standard Specifications.
They can be printed from this site for free or for a $5.00 fee, a printed copy can be provided upon request. Also all work done for GCDC-SWM must comply with SESC manual
for GCDC-SWM projects. Version 2018
GCDC SWM has found several construction practices acceptable in the past. The following are few of the Standard Details that can be used.