|Genesee County Drain Commissioner
|Surface Water Management
Genesee County Surface Water Management Division requires one set of plans to
be submited to 4608 Beecher Rd., Flint MI 48532 for all projects that impact a County Drain or
Genesee County Road Commission Drainage System. There is no review fee and plans typically take 2-3 weeks to review.
Permits and Review Forms
- GCDC Drain PermitOpens a new window: Required whenever any work is to be done within a county drain easement.
- Checklist for Public StormOpens a new window: Before any storm can
be dedicated to this office and made public, all the items on our Checklist for
Public Storm must be complete.
- Pond ReviewOpens a new window: Review submital for private pond construction not for detention.
Requires the following:
Note: approval from this office does not waive any requirements from other Governmental Agencies.
- 8.5" x 11" or 8.5" x 14" paper drawing
- Property drawing with dimensions
- Approximate location & size of permanent structures
- Location & size of pond
- Detail of what will be done with spoil pile (dirt)
- Show where the water will flow when pond is full
- Property location to nearest crossroads
- Owners name, address, phone number
- North arrow
Pre Qualified Contractors List
The purpose of this pre-qualification process is to develop and maintain a list of pre-qualified contractors to perform non-petitioned maintenance work on behalf of the
Genesee County Drain Commissioner and the various drainage districts under the jurisdiction of the Genesee County Drain Commissioner.
County Drain Specifications
Contract Documents: Beginning June 1, 2006 the contract books no longer include the General Conditions and our Standard Specifications.
They can be printed from this site for free or for a $5.00 fee, a printed copy can be provided upon request. Also all work done for GCDC-SWM must comply with SESC manual
for GCDC-SWM projects. Version 2018
GCDC SWM has found several construction practices acceptable in the past. The following are few of the Standard Details that can be used.